- Nearly $60M invested in states this cycle.
Including our electoral work, it was the largest investment in state legislatures by any outside effort in a single two-year period in U.S. history
- 88 years since the party in the White House had not lost a single state legislative chamber
- 9 states where The States Project was a top donor
- 2 new trifectas1: Michigan and Minnesota
- 7 chambers defended: 2 in Maine, 2 in Nevada, 2 in Colorado, 1 in Minnesota
- 3 supermajorities prevented: North Carolina, Nebraska, Wisconsin
- 2 Arizona chambers where we held ground to help protect our democracy
- 12 states where our work will help protect rightful election results in 2024
Governing power is built in the toughest races.
Arizona: Ground Held!
- 7 candidates we supported running in close districts defeated rightwing election deniers
Maine: Majorities Defended!
- 9 House candidates won their races by fewer than 200 votes
Michigan: A New Trifecta!
- 330 voters in one crucial district shifted governing control of the House
Minnesota: A New Trifecta!
- 2 goals achieved: House majority held, and Senate majority won!
Nebraska: Supermajority Prevented!
- 17 seats held to prevent a supermajority in Nebraska by just 41 voters
Nevada: Majorities Defended!
- 2 seats gained to expand the Senate majority
New Hampshire: Ground Gained!
- 21 seats gained, bringing the majority within 3 seats in 2024
North Carolina: Supermajority Prevented!
- 315 voters in one key district prevented a rightwing supermajority in North Carolina
Pennsylvania: New Governing Power!
- 151,000 doors knocked by candidates in TSP-supported competitive seats
1 The same party in power in both state chambers and the Governor’s mansion.