How do we use your information?
We and our affiliates may use the information we collect from or about you through the Web Services for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- providing you with products, services, or information you request;
- processing any transactions you have authorized;
- following up on services or information we provided to you;
- contacting you about fundraising campaigns or advocacy efforts;
- delivering advertisements targeted to your interests based on your previous activity on the Web Services (commonly referred to as “Targeted Advertisements”) as well as other marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you;
- conducting research;
- processing an employment, internship, or volunteer application;
- providing you with information about the Web Services or required notices;
- allowing us to improve the Web Services and the services we provide, such as by better tailoring our content to our users’ needs and preferences;
- generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the Web Services; and
We also may combine or aggregate any of the information we collect through the Web Services or elsewhere for any of these purposes, including for the delivery of Targeted Advertisements.
To further demonstrate how we and our affiliates may use the information we collect from or about you through the Web Services, we provide the following examples:
- If you make a donation via the Web Services, your information will be added to one or more of our supporter lists and databases, and you may be contacted about other of our activities, news, and/or fundraising campaigns.
- If you sign up to get information from us or contact us via email, you will receive informational updates, news and announcements from us. In addition, your information will be added to one or more of our supporter lists and databases, and you may be contacted about other of our activities, news, and/or fundraising campaigns.
- If you view certain content on the Web Services, we or a service provider of ours may later display an advertisement related to that content on a different webpage that you visit through the Web Services or on another non-Future Now Action or PAC for America’s Future website that has a relationship with the service provider.
- If you use our website to submit your resume or materials for a paid or volunteer position, your information will be stored in a centralized database and may be accessible to our separately incorporated affiliates, who may be seeking candidates for full-time, part-time, or volunteer positions.
Under what circumstances do we disclose your information?
We may disclose the information we collect from or about you through the Web Services:
- to our affiliates;
- to service providers who work on our behalf and who have agreed to keep the information confidential and use the information solely to carry out the services that they are performing for us, including, but not limited to, service providers who process credit card transactions, facilitate our fundraising activities and campaigns, and deliver Targeted Advertisements on our behalf;
- to other organizations that work with us for the provision of co-branded communications about us and those organizations’ products or services;
- to other organizations with whom we participate in exchanges of donor information or contact lists (e.g., list rental) and the service providers that facilitate such exchanges;
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, a court order, or government reporting obligations;
- to service providers, advisors, and other third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets.
In addition, we may share de-identified information, such as reports on user demographics and traffic patterns, with third parties, including researchers.
What information do we collect?
Information You Provide – We and our service providers collect information that you provide when you use the Web Services, including, but not limited to, when you:
- create an account;
- make a donation;
- contribute content to the Web Services, such as if you leave or send a comment;
- use interactive features on the Web Services, such as tools, forms, apps or chat;
- make a purchase;
- sign an online petition;
- apply for a job or for a volunteer or internship opportunity;
- sign up to receive updates and other communications from us;
- enter a contest, sweepstakes, or promotion;
- participate in polls or surveys; or
- otherwise contact us with a question, comment, or request.
The information that you provide us can include, but is not limited to:
- your name;
- your photograph;
- your contact information, such as your physical address, email address, and phone number;
- your username, password, and other account information;
- demographic information such as your age, gender, and ethnicity;
- transaction-related information, such as credit card information;
- information you provide when submitting an application for employment, internship, or volunteer opportunities; and
- information you provide when you request information or contact us.
You have control over your own privacy. Think carefully before providing any personal or financial information online.
Information Automatically Collected From You – We and our service providers may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device over time and across different websites when you use the Web Services, such as your Internet Protocol address, your geographic location, your browser type, your operating system, the pages you view on the Web Services, the pages you view immediately before and after you access the Web Services, and the search terms you enter on the Web Services. This information allows us and our service providers to recognize you and personalize your experience if you return to the Web Services, to improve the Web Services and the services we provide, and to provide you with Targeted Advertisements. We and our service providers may collect this information using “cookies,” which are small text files that many websites save on your computer when you visit and access when you return, or similar technologies. We also collect this information by setting a unique anonymous identifier called User ID, set by Universal Google Analytics. User ID helps identify unique users across multiple devices and browsers. Clearing your cookies does not ensure that you will not be recognized as the same unique visitor even after you cleared them. Website visitors who do not want their data collected with Google Analytics in this way can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
Where is this information processed?
Information collected through the Web Services will be processed in and subject to the laws of the United States. In addition, we may transfer your information outside the United States to our affiliates and service providers located in other countries. By using the Web Services, you consent to such transfer to, and processing in, the United States and these other countries.
How is your information secured?
We strive to maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information collected through the Web Services. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Web Services over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks. If you have concerns about the security of sensitive information, do not send it electronically.
In addition to the records left on your computer by cookies, your browser and operating system contain other records of your web browsing and other actions (e.g., browser history). As with cookies, you can find information about how to clear these history trails in your browser’s “Help” menu.
If you wish to review the contact information we have on file for you, correct your contact information, or inform us how you wish your contact information to be used, please contact our staff using the contact information below.
To opt-out of Google Analytics for the web, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page and install the add-on for your browser.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California and have provided your personally identifiable information to us, you may request information once per calendar year about our disclosures of certain categories of your personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us in writing at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Future Now and Future Now Fund
The States Project is a joint initiative between Future Now Action and The PAC For America’s Future, for more information. 611 Pennsylvania Ave SE, #143, Washington, DC 20003
When you contact us or otherwise submit content via the Web Services, if you desire to remain anonymous, you should not tell us your name or the names of your friends or any other individuals. To fully protect your privacy, do not provide any information that you think may identify you or others.